Friday 6 July 2012

The Collective

So in the past I can't say I've been a big fan of Miss Selfridge. I used to find some things a bit too, umm, tacky and slightly brash (sorry!!). But that is all in the past! My opinions changed when, on a weekend in Liverpool with my friends, we popped into Miss Selfridge. I wasn't really looking for anything as I already had an outfit for the evening, however there sitting pretty smack bang in my eyeline was a gorgeous little pink playsuit. We fell in love and the rest is history! We've had some good times and bad times (like the time someone spilt a drink on you - poor baby!) but non the less, a year has gone by and our relationship is just as strong and the playsuit is joining me on holiday! Things are getting serious!
Anyway, Ode to a Playsuit over, lets get back to the real reason of this post. This morning, Miss Selfridge's email newsletter pinged into my inbox. I had a click through the links like I always do when I've got a spare minute, but one section of the email caught my eye... The Collective.
The tag line is 'Your Styling Essentials' and it's certainly that and more! Check out the video below to see the collection.  


What do you think? The styling and makeup is glamorous with a sort of rock edge (that sounds naff I just can't think of the right word!) and a 60s element with the heavy eye make-up and leopard print fur coat.

These are some of my favourite pieces from the collection:


Black Bardot Dress £22 Miss Selfridge


Nude Shawl Collar Blazer £40 Miss Selfridge


Sharp Black Studded Point Shoe £50 Miss Selfridge


Embellished Collar Shirt £37 Miss Selfridge


Black Textured Peplum Top £27 Miss Selfridge


Tan Leather Biker Jacket £150 Miss Selfridge

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Love the biker leather jacket <3 ... Looks really great! Kisses from Vienna, Katja

    www.collectedbykatja.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dear)
    nice blog)loves it)
    would you like to follow each other?)

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your selection is great and my favourite would be the peplum top! So pretty and elegant!
    Follow your blog now and it would be great if you follow me too!

    Kisses from Hong Kong to Manchester,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete